In 2011 the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) introduced the “My Plate” initiative, to help Americans make healthy food choices and to be active every day. Recently, new guidelines were released, and the initiative was updated to include, “MyPlateMyWins!”
Initial Discussion Post:
Review the following resource: United States Department of Agriculture: ChooseMyPlate.gov. (2015). Older adults. Retrieved from
Mrs. Jenkins is a 70-year-old patient at the primary care provider for a routine visit. As you are gathering data prior to showing her into an examination room, you note her height and weight, of 65 inches and 101 pounds.
· Calculate Mrs. Jenkins’ BMI and interpret the result.
· Discuss two additional specific assessments you would perform, and why the information you obtain in these assessments might be a concern to the RN.
· Based on these assessments:
1. What education would you provide related to this concern?
2. Identify a member of the health care team with whom you would collaborate about this concern.
Be sure to use evidence from the assigned text or website, or other professional sources in your answer.
Base your initial post on your readings and research of this topic. Your initial post must contain a minimum of 250 words. References, citations, and repeating the question do not count towards the 250-word minimum.
. TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post 2. Identify a member of the health care team with whom you would collaborate about this concern. appeared first on Term Paper Tutors.