n a brief 500-750-word memorandum (use business memo format) to your current supervisor, communicate your actual, real-life career objectives for personal professional development (short range, mid-term, and long term–1-3 paragraphs for each–also include an introductory paragraph)
Use each of the three labels (short range, mid-term, and long term) in turn as the headings for each of the three sections. NO “bullets” or lists may be used in this particular assignment–narrative format only, please.
Remember your audience–you must satisfy your employer’s perspective while being honest. Not now employed? Pick a typical job related to your major and write to a future boss.
This paper should NOT address company or production goals–this is about YOUR career-related professional development objectives.
- Uses memorandum format with TO, FROM, SUBJECT, and DATE at the top. (You may use the format dictated by your current employer, or a model such as this one from the Web, as long as these four components are present).
- Uses the three required headings (short range, mid-term, and long term).
- Includes a brief introduction and headings for each category of goal
- Contains ONLY professional goals for personal development goals, NOT company or production goals.
- Presents information in correct grammar, construction, and paragraph format with no spelling errors.
- Meets minimum length requirements (two pages, single-spaced).
Please submit your assignment as a Word .doc, .docx or .rtf attachment to your Assignment folder using the link below or through the Assignments gateway in the blue navbar. Your completed work is due by 11:59 p.m. ET Sunday, Week 1.
Here is the reference link: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/purdue_owl.html