In this Assignment, you will develop of your personal philosophy of advanced practice nursing.
A philosophical statement includes these elements:
- An introduction that presents your thought processes used to articulate a philosophy of advanced practice nursing. Note that APA does not use a heading for the introduction, because it is assumed that the first few paragraphs of a manuscript are the introduction.
- Valued personal concepts, such as:
- Metaparadigm concepts such as person/client, nursing, health, and environment
- Additional concepts you may find valuable to advanced practice, such as IOM Future of Nursing, accountability, interprofessional collaborative practice, social justice, and professionalism
- Definition of each concept selected
- Relationships between and among concepts within your personal philosophy as applied to your current practice. A diagram with should be used to graphically depict these interrelationships.
- Demonstrates substantial integration of course materials and/or use of upper level thinking
- Diagram provided depicting relationship.
- The author was able to make succinct and precise conclusions