Research articles follow a standard format and usually include the following sections: abstract, introduction, methods, results, discussion, and references. In this assignment, you will explain each of the sections of a research article and illustrate your understanding of each section utilizing the assigned article. Review the assigned article by Swendsen, Conway, Degenhardt, Glantz, Jin, Merikangas, Sampson, & Kessler (2010) (Links to an external site.) closely prior to writing your paper. In a three to four page paper:
The Sections of a Research Article paper
- Must be written in your own words and may not include quotations. Papers including quotes will not be accepted. All content from outside sources must be paraphrased and cited appropriately.
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.