Assignment 2: Discussion—Describing Organizational Behavior
Given that an organization is reliant on employees to achieve its mission and objectives, there would appear to be value in organizational transparency. If employees perceive that leaders and managers are being transparent, their attitude toward work and overall efficiency will be better, even if they do not agree with the leaders and managers’ decisions. However, if employees perceive or discover that organizational leaders and managers have not been transparent, their efforts may reflect a less caring attitude. In such cases, there may not be any difference between employee perception and fact.
Consider the aforementioned aspects, a research the importance of employee attitudes and perception.
Then, respond to the following:
- How important are employee attitudes and emotions as well as transparency in shaping organizational behavior?
- Elaborate on how employee perceptions shape organizational behavior. Are perceptions and reality always the same?
By the due date assigned, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.