For this course, the individual projects will build from one week to the next. At the end of the course, the student will have developed a paper proposal for a possible change to practice or policy based on the evidence research by the student. NOTE: You will not be collecting any data for this project. You will only be developing the idea and proposal.
The last assignment (due in unit 4 Individual Project) will consist of a final paper which is the culmination of work completed in the Discussion Board in Units 2 & 4, and all Individual Projects. The paper will be graded by the faculty.
Each week, you will complete parts of the final paper. It is outlined below:
- Part I. The PICOT question & explanation of the selected population
- Part II. The intervention – what is the intervention and why it is selected?
- Part III. The comparison – what is currently being done or other possible interventions to consider?
- Part IV. The outcome(s) & time frame – what is the anticipated outcome from the change in intervention? And, over what period of time?
- Part V. Finalizing the proposal & development of the PowerPoint
Complete a literature review of 8 supporting evidence -based research articles based on your population, intervention, comparison, outcome, and time (PICOT) research question you developed in Unit 1. Use the Literature Review template to complete this assignment.
Complete the following:
- Using your PICOT research question, use the CTU Library to locate at least 8 scholarly articles that will support your PICOT question. The articles should not be more than 5 years old.
- After you have identified the articles to support your research question, use the provided literature review template to break down the articles, gather the important points of the article, and determine how the article directly supports your PICOT question. The goal of completing this template is to use it as a resource when developing your final project, rather than having to refer back to all of the articles. The content that you add to the content does not have to be in APA format, with the exception of actual reference article you are using to support your PICOT question. Take care to be thorough when completing the table. This will become a valuable resource to use when working on the final assignment if done correctly. An example is provided in the template that is to be used.
Complete each cell in the table by providing all of the required information for each column. An example is provided in the literature review template to help guide you as you review your selected articles. You must complete at least 8 article reviews. Further instructions are available on the template.
Please click into this APA Style for CTU Students link for help with APA formatting. Use the CTU Writing Style Guide (templates provided) – not the Introductory Writing Style Guide.
Individual Project Rubric
The Individual Project(IP) Grading rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the IP. This Individual Project grading rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component for the IP. It’s the roadmap that can help you in the development of your IP. Individual Project Grading Rubric
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
USE TURN IT IN.