Complete the HRSA Data Warehouse Website Activity.
- Read about the HRSA Data website and what it does here: https://datawarehouse.hrsa.gov/about/abouthdw.aspx
- Explore the rest of the tabs on the site.
- Watch the “How-To Video: Find a Health Center Locator Tool” tutorial found at the following link: https://data.hrsa.gov/how-to-videos
- Explore some data by selecting Clark County, Nevada using the Data by Geography tool here: https://data.hrsa.gov/hdw/tools/DataByGeography.aspx
- Next use the HRSA Fact Sheets tool located here: https://data.hrsa.gov/data/fact-sheets to look up HRSA’s activities in HHS regions, states, counties, and congressional districts and compare the data to the Clark County, Nevada data you found using your geography results. Analyze the data included in the fact sheets. Consider the data sets found in the fact sheets. How does Nevada compare nationwide when it comes to the data sets? What about Clark County?
- Complete a new search using the Data for Geography tool for your state and county. Compare the results of your query to your Clark County, Nevada search.
- Identify HRSA program resources for HIV/AIDS in your state and county. What are they? How many clinics are funded by HRSA?
Write a two-page paper reflecting on the data you collected and analyzed. How will this data warehouse be useful to you as a professional nurse? Your paper should be at least two pages in length, in APA format, typed in Times New Roman with 12-point font, and double-spaced with 1” margins.