The readings this week covered six different areas of debate in macroeconomics. Select one of them and discuss the pros and cons of government involvement in that particular area. The textbook is a good place to start, but do not limit yourself to the textbook for this discussion. Enhance your discussion of your chosen debate with additional scholarly research.
Your posts must conform to APA guidelines in the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
Be sure to include in your initial post at least one reference using the CSU Global Library or other professional and scholarly references. The Economics Library Guide (Links to an external site.) is a good tool to use to start your research (sources such as The Balance, EconomicsHelp.org, Investopedia, and other help websites are not acceptable).
Choose one of the following:
- 1. Should policymakers try to stabilize the economy?
- 2. Should the government fight recessions with spending hikes rather than tax cuts?
- 3. Should monetary policy be made by rule rather than by discretion?
- 4. Should the central bank aim for zero inflation?
- 5. Should the government balance its budget?
- 6. Should the tax laws be reformed to encourage savings?