Discussion: Defining and Measuring Quality in Health Care Organizations
Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort.
· Review the information in the Learning Resources, especially the chapters in the Sadeghi, Brazi, Mikhail, and Shabot course text, focusing on how quality is or could be defined and measured.
· Think about a health care organization with which you are familiar. It may be the same organization you are focusing on for your Course Project, or a different one. How do you think various stakeholders in this organization would define quality? How would you define quality as it relates to this organization?
· Review the information on quality standards and / or aims in the Learning Resources, and consider the following:
· Which outcomes related to quality are currently being monitored in the organization that you have selected?
· How is related data collected and evaluated?
· Does the organization use health information technology in this regard? If so, how?
· How is quality-related information (e.g., data, needs for improvement) communicated throughout the organization?
· What do you consider to be the strengths and weaknesses of the current approach to quality in this organization.