Primary Health Care Nursing/ Ebola and World Health Organisation
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) more than 900 Million international journeys are undertaken every year. Global travel on this scale exposes many people to a range of health risks. Many of these risks can be minimized by precautions taken before, during and after travel (WHO 2012). Recently the West African Ebola outbreak has been the largest, most severe and most complex in human history. For more than a year, people from all over the world have answered the call to work with WHO to overcome this outbreak.
The goal of this essay is for students to conduct library research and to acquire knowledge and understanding about the Ebola virus and safety precautions when travelling. The students will develop an appreciation of health precautions and preventions surrounding the virus:
For this essay you are required:
1. Discuss the history and pathophysiology of Ebola and its mode of transmission.
2. Discuss the incidence and prevalence of reported cases of Ebola internationally including the current estimated morbidity and mortality rates.
3. Discuss the incubation period of Ebola along with the current treatment methods of persons affected by Ebola including vaccination options.
4. Discuss the current prevention and control methods deployed by health workers to reduce the transmission of the virus.
5. Discuss the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) role in preventing Ebola outbreaks.
References should be no older than 10 years.
200 words for introduction
1600 words for body
200 words for conclusion
Risks of global travelling (before/during/after travel)
Describe role of nurse in primary health care in urban, rural and remote areas.
Access needs of individuals and community in regard to health promotion and health educations requirements recognising the influence of culture and diversity e.g. burial rituals, air conditioning in hospitals regarding spreading of virus’s.
Discuss – HERD immunity
. TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Discuss the incidence and prevalence of reported cases of Ebola internationally including the current estimated morbidity and mortality rates. appeared first on Term Paper Tutors.