write a report about a lab for fluid mechanics
-I am already done with the lab
– I have attached a picture of the lab and the excel and all the information
- Include a cut plot of the velocity in the x-direction. How does the fluid velocity vary vertically between the two plates at the inlet? How does the fluid velocity vary vertically between the two plates at the outlet? Why is the velocity profile different at the inlet and outlet?
- Include a screen capture of the particle tracing study. How does the particle tracer results help you understand the flow through different locations in the flow (for example, the walls and the center line)?
- Write out the equation for the velocity distribution for laminar flow between two parallel plates. Substitute in all known values based on the conditions of the CFD simulation.
- Include a plot that compares the velocity profile obtained from the equation from question 2 (analytical solution) and the velocity profile obtained from the simulation (CFD solution). The final plot should contain two curves. Label the plot axes and include a legend. If there are differences between the two velocity curves, discuss the potential causes of this difference.