The length should be between 10 and 15 pages (not including title page, abstract and references). Use APA style, New Times Roman 12 font with 1” margins. You should have at least 10 references, 6 from peer-reviewed journals; try to keep within last 5 years.
- Choose a policy issue or question related to HS/HD as the topic of the research paper. The issue or question must be one that is integral and salient to the HS/HD community, and preferably one that is personally relevant to you and the position in which you serve.
- The research paper should reflect high quality research and reasoning in addressing each of the following components of the paper:
- The situational, organizational, and environmental context of the issue or question.
- The research paper should balance comprehensiveness and conciseness.
- The program has chosen to use the APA style of writing.
- The challenge(s) and/or problem(s) inherently associated with the issue or question.
- Your examination, evaluation, and analysis of the issue or question.
- Leadership or management decisions and actions necessary by policymakers, government leaders, and/or military commanders to deal with the issue or question.