At: http://investigation.discovery.com/investigation/internet-cases/internet-cases.html, you will find 10 cases that involved Internet related crimes. Choose the one that interests you the most.
You are going to put yourself in the investigator’s shoes using the knowledge you have acquired during this course. Your investigation must include:
· The type of computer crime
· The Computer Law that was violated (Fed/state)
· One of the following:
o How the crime scene was secured
o How the evidence was collected
o How the evidence was analyzed – including the processes and what tools were used.
· A formal report
· How you would prepare for a deposition/trial
The assignment should include the following:
· An in-depth submission that should be free of spelling and grammar errors in APA format.
· An essay containing a minimum of 3000 words documenting your project. A powerpoint containing a minimum of 50 slides.
· You will be assessed on the rationale you use in addressing the questions/issue posted, and how well you justify your argument regarding this issue.
· Your response must be thought provoking, have well developed ideas and/or opinions, and should reference any supporting material from the text, lecture or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.
You may use your text or the internet as a reference, but remember to cite your sources. Please be sure to submit your assignment.