- Review the week’s Resources.
- Consider which theory or model might apply to Juanita in the media titled Juanita’s Story: Part 1 (Laureate Education, 2018).
- Select one of the chronic diseases or conditions at a population level in the list provided:
- Lung Cancer
- Heart Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Select a health behavioral theory or model* from the following list that best applies to population health intervention efforts to address the chronic disease or condition you selected:
- Health Belief Model
- Transtheoretical (Stages of Change) Model
- Theory of Planned Behavior
- Social Cognitive Theory
By Day 3
Post an indication of the theory or model and the population level chronic disease or condition you chose. Explain why you think the health behavioral theory or model you chose best applies to your selected chronic disease or condition. Then, briefly explain how your chosen health behavioral theory or model might be applied to population health intervention efforts.