- Give the definition of each term and state if it is PNS or CNS where appropriate:
- Integration center
- Cauda equine
- filum terminale
- Conus medullaris
- What is in the CNS?
- Name anatomy parts of the neuron
- What does saltatory mean?
- What is an action potential and where does it begin?
- What is a gated potential?
- List the cells of the neurons and supporting glia with in CNS and then within the PNS. Describe each; be able to tell which ones in the CNS are similar to the ones in the PNS.
- What determines the velocity (speed) of the nerve innervated?
- Which NT or ligands are released from presynaptic cells? Which from postsynaptic cells (know ANS or SNS)
- Is calcium important for an action potential and what does it do for the neuron?
- What ions are important for EPSP and IPSP, excitatory and inhibitory?
- What is the resting membrane potential?
- When does an action potential take place in terms of the graph?
- Which neurotransmitter opens with chloride channel?
- When can a neuron have a second action potential?
- Describe EPSP and IPSP
- Describe with words the order (from superficial to deep) the meningeal layer
- Describe the order of movement of the CSF starting with the choroid plexus
- What is the central sulcus? What does it separate?
- What is the lateral sulcus? What does it separate?
- List the areas of motor areas in the brain and describe: Primary motor….
- List the areas of sensory areas in the brain and describe: Broca ….
- What makes up the diencephalon?
- Where lies the pineal and pituitary glands?
- What are the functions of the medulla oblongata?
- What are the functions of the blood brain barrier? What types of cells and junctions are involved?
- List the 3 myelinated tracts and tell the direction of each; give example.
- What does the superior colliculus and inferior colliculus do?
- Know the CN 1 through 12 and what they represent
- Which CN control the eye mm? which CN is for vision?
- What CN are involved in taste
- What CN control the chewing, blinking, eyes open, eyes close, pucking? …..
- List the catecholamines
- List what happens to the body during sympathetic mode:
- Blood vessels
- Reproductive organs
- Salivary glands
- List the types of reflexes and their definitions
Termpapertutors.com is a legit company dedicated to giving students assignment help at all academic levels at the most reasonable prices.
Contact us at any time and expect a an instant friendly response.
Phone: +1 (781) 656 7962