The world’s population is expanding at a such a fast rate that some natural resources are being stripped from the environment. Global institutions are working to prevent both the loss of these resources and the consequences of not having access to them.
In this first assignment, research the impact of population growth on society. Write a whitepaper for the UN that consists of a minimum of four pages (not including the cover letter). Your assignment is to assess the impact of population growth, citing at least five credible sources in your research. As you compose the whitepaper, review the United Nations list of developing countries (available on the United Nations website).
Select one country from the United Nations list of developing countries to use as an example throughout your assignment. The completed version of this assignment will include the following items:
- Cover page: Include your name, course title, the country you have selected from the UN list of developing countries, current date, and the name of your instructor.
- Introduction: Introduce the topic of the whitepaper (half-page minimum).
- One-page (minimum) answers (for a total of three pages) to each of the following questions:
- What are greenhouse gases, and how do they contribute to global warming?
- What economic, security, political, and other challenges do these emissions pose to the people of the developing world, and who are the biggest offenders?
- Is there a way to control the growth of population on a global level?
Note: Give examples in your responses to each of the above questions as it relates to the developing country you have chosen.
- Conclusion: Provide a minimum of a one-half page conclusion.