Using the same organization selected in Week 1 for the course project. Presume that the organization you selected has recently implemented a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
· Research the key elements of a CRM system and defend at least three best practices that your organization can use to improve its customer retention. Make sure you support your choices with well-reasoned arguments and external sources.
· Justify at least five critical pieces of customer information needed from your key market segment. Why do you need to collect this specific data?
· Justify five survey questions that might be used to evaluate the segment’s experience with your organization. Why do you need to know this information?
· Justify a plan for how customer data (previous two bullet points) will be collected. The plan should detail the methods to be used (e.g. written survey, focus groups, interviews, etc.) and where those methods will be integrated into the organization’s processes (e.g., a hotel sending an e-mail survey following a customer’s stay at a specific location).
· Submit your plan in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document, using APA style.
Supply Chain Measurement
Briefly address each of the following bullets:
· As suggested in the lecture pages for this week, there is a significant difference in measuring the performance of a supply chain from the perspective of the customer and from the perspective of the shipper. Describe the differences between these two perspectives in supply chain design. In other words, how could shippers and customers differ in what they considered a successful supply chain transaction?
· How could supply chain partners measure (quantify) the performance of a supply chain? Explain why each measurement suggested is relevant to at least one of the supply chain partners.
· Give an example of two or more companies that participate in a single supply chain. Describe which company (or companies) would want to require each measurement that you have proposed. Explain why there would be resistance from at least one of the companies to any suggestion to eliminate each of the supply chain measurements that you have proposed.
The final paragraph (three or four sentences) of your initial post should summarize the one or two key points that you are making in your initial response.
Your posting should be about 1 page (400 to 500 words) in length.