(1) Read the article about combining Six Sigma and knowledge management in hospitals. The authors hypothesize that “knowledge management will enhance the implementation of Six Sigma by leading to improvements of quality programme results and sustainable competitive advantage.” Provide an example from your personal work experience or the business world where knowledge management helped enhance the success of Six Sigma initiatives, specifically for knowledge dissemination and responsiveness.
(2) For the process you chose in 1-3, set the following values: process target (Ï ), upper specification (U), and lower specification (L). Then take appropriate samples to estimate the process mean (Âµ) and the process standard deviation (Ï ). Calculate the following for your process:
· Defectives per Million Opportunities (DPMO)
· Process capability ratio (Cp)
· Process capability index (Cpk)