The overall goal of the Session Long Project in this course is to examine health care delivery in the United States from a personal perspective and provide recommendations for improvement.
According to the United States Census Bureau (2016), rural areas cover 97% of the nation’s land area, but contain 19.3 percent of the population (about 60 million people). Access to health care services is vital to good health; however, U.S. rural residents face a variety of access barriers. For rural residents to have sufficient health care access, necessary and appropriate services must be available and obtainable in a timely manner.
Rural Health Information Hub. (2017). Healthcare access in rural communities. Retrieved from https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/topics/healthcare-access
United States Census Bureau. (2016). New census data show differences between urban and rural populations. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2016/cb16-210.html
For Module 2 SLP, you are employed at a non-profit organization in rural Minot, North Dakota (population ≈ 49,000). As the Lead Health care Project Manager, you have been charged with developing a project charter for the new “Rural Health Improvement” project. This project goal is to increase access to health care services in the area. Based on your module reading and your own research, include the following in your project charter:
- Factors of your project (i.e., aim, time frame, cost, scope, etc.).
- Major stakeholders and each stakeholder interest in the project.
- At least two innovative approaches to health care delivery.
- At least two expected outcomes of your project.
You may use this template as a guide to create your Project Charter.
Use this Guide to Completing Your Project Charter.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your project charter.
- Limit your paper to 2 pages.
- Support your SLP with peer-reviewed articles, using at least 2-3 references.