Case managers serve a variety of roles and functions. They may work in a prison, probation and parole, or community environment, among others.
Review the roles and functions outlined in your text, and respond to the following:
· Which roles are the most important? Why?
· Which roles are the least important?
· Does the working environment (prison, probation and parole, community) have an impact on which roles are most and least important?
· Are there roles that you feel are inappropriate for a case manager to take on?
· Which roles might cause conflict for a case manager in fulfilling his or her core roles?