This assessment requires you to use information from your leaders in your organization ( Licking Memorial Hospital in Newark Ohio www.lmhealth.org ) to answer the following questions. If you are not currently employed by an organization, gather information from a nurse leader or quality management colleague.
(I understand you do not work for licking memorial so please just make up information to answer these questions)
- What are the organization’s quality program goals and objectives?
- What is the organization’s quality management structure? If there is not a formal structure, who is responsible for quality management in the organization?
- How are quality improvement projects selected, managed and monitored? Does nursing staff have any input?
- State if quality improvement inservice programs are available for staff in your facility and describe a brief overview of the content.
- What quality methodology and quality tools/techniques are utilized? Are they effective? Why or why not? Provide rationale.
- How are QI (quality improvement) activities and processes communicated to staff? Is the communication effective? How could it be improved?
- How does the organization evaluate QI activities for effectiveness? What is the process when the QI activity is not effective?
- Provide 2 examples of a QI initiative that has been effective in your organization. Describe the QI process that occurred. What was the impact on patient outcomes? Did it result in a change in practice?
- Correlate a model of healthcare performance and quality to your organization.
- Identify the nurse’s role in measuring, monitoring and improving health care quality and safety.
- Discuss terms and concepts related to health care quality and safety.
600 words, APA format. must use reliable articles as references 5 years old or newer.