This Assignment requires a current, evidence based practice guideline that is specific to the child in the following scenario. Once you find the appropriate guideline, you will be ready for analysis and evaluation.
First, carefully review the case. Then, using the online National Guideline Clearinghouse data-base find a current (no older than 4 years old) relevant evidence based practice guideline for the treatment of otitis media for this particular pediatric patient.
Please use APA formatting, including title page and reference page. This Assignment should be between 3-5 pages, excluding title page and reference page. There should be a minimum of three current (within the last 5 years) peer-reviewed references including the authors of the guideline.
Make sure to address the following in your paper:
- Briefly explain your search strategy. For example, how did you find the correct guideline?
- Who developed the guideline?
- Is this a revision of a previous guideline or an original? What is the date of publication?
- Explain the concept of “systematic review of current best evidence.”
- How was conflict of interest managed in the development of these guidelines?
- How is quality of evidence defined?
- Explain differences among strong recommendation, recommendation, and option
- What are “key Action statements?”
- For this particular child, what are the specific treatment recommendations including any diagnostics, medications (include exact dosage, frequency, length of treatment), follow-up, referral, prevention, and pain control.The case study is based on a 5 year old child diagnosed with otitis media.