Hello i want someone to help me with my homework . thank you
* – Here are problems for homework #2.
- Assuming that a rabbit runs at a speed of 12.0 meters per second. How far would the rabbit travel in 11.5 seconds?
- A hiker takes a hiking trip around the camp. He first travels 5.10 km in one hour at a constant speed. He then travels 16.5 km in two hours at a different constant speed and reaches a ranch tower. What is the average speed of the hiker for the entire trip?
- A tortoise and a hare engage in a race. A tortoise can run with a speed of 0.15 m/s. A hare can run 25 times as fast as the tortoise. In the race, they start at the same time; however, the hare being very proud of his much higher speed stops for a nap for 5.0 minutes. The tortoise wins the race by 35 cm. (a) What is the length of the race? (b) How long does the race take?
- A car starts at rest and accelerates with an acceleration of 4.51 m/s2. After the car travels a distance of 355 m, it slows down with an acceleration of -2.34 m/s2 until its speed reaches 25.4 m/s. What is the total displacement of the car?
- An F-35 stealth jet takes off from the aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan. Starting from rest, the jet accelerated with a constant acceleration of 55.3 m/s2 along a straight line on the deck. What is the displacement of the jet when it reaches a speed of 181 m/s?
- A rock is dropped from a tall building. If the rock starts at rest , and the origin of the coordinate system is taken at the pinnacle of the building with positive direction taken to be upward direction, after 5.18 seconds
- What is the displacement of the rock?
- What is the velocity of the rock?
- A coin is tossed into the air vertically upward with an initial speed of 18.5 m/s.
- How high does the coin go above its point of release?
- How long does it take for the coin to come back to its point of release?
- A motorcycle is traveling at a speed of 6.22 m/s when it crosses a line 12.0 m from its starting point. The motorcycle continues going with an acceleration of 1.78 m/s2 until it crosses a mark 121 m from the starting point. How long does it take for the cycle to go from the 12.0-m mark to 121-m mark?
- You are driving with a speed of 85 mile/hour in interstate 10 from Phoenix toward Los Angeles, when you see a large piece of debris 128m ahead on the highway. You push the brake pedal as hard as you can to try to avoid the collision. If the brake provides an acceleration of -8.50 m/s2,
- How far will the car go before stopping?
- Can you avoid hitting the debris?
- A ball is thrown vertically downward with an initial speed of 15.8 m/s from a building whose height is 122 m. How long does it take for the ball to strike the ground?