STR 581 Week 2 Capstone Final Examination Part 1
- Because practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to __________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information.
- Some studies indicate the best approach for transformational change may have the chief executive officer create an atmosphere for change
but let others decide how to initiate change
and begin establishing a vision
but carefully set limits for the program
and establish a reward system
Click here to download STR 581 Week 4 Capstone Final Examination Part 2
- Which of the following is a desirable strategy for managers aiming to reduce the negative consequences of rumors?
Initiating disciplinary action against the employee who started the rumor
Encouraging employees to communicate their concerns and suggestions
Creating a more informal communication environment at the workplace
Refusing to comment on issues that appear to be controversial and unfair
- A project can be segmented into which of the following?
- Which of the following is an element that addresses elimination of waste under lean production?
Group plant loading technology
Minimized run times
Production ahead of demand
Kanban production control system
The Civil Rights Act of 1991 offered what for victims of unintentional discrimination?
monetary damages and jury trials
Active listening requires:
summarizing all areas of the performance-interview feedback discussion.
verbal communications only
summarizing only the areas of agreement
interruptions to get your point across
- Which of the following is ISO 14000 primarily concerned with?
Continuous improvement management
- Training that results in ______ is costly because of the cost of training (which proved to be useless) and the cost of hampered performance.
negative transfer of training
applicability of training
reinforcement of training
simulation of training
As a university student, your institution’s social principles and practices reflect on you, as a stakeholder, in the organization. Therefore, it is your right to question how these practices should be evaluated in relation to the social issues that the school is addressing. If your university provides job-share programs,
builds a day-care facility, and only uses recycled paper, it could be said to be ________.
fulfilling its social obligation
socially image conscious
According to the job characteristics model, autonomy is defined as the degree to which
a job requires completion of a whole and identifiable piece of work
a job has an impact on the lives or work of other people
a job generates direct and clear information about performance
a job provides the worker freedom, independence, and discretion
- Which of the following is considered a major process flow structure?
- An example of control criteria that can be used in any situation is ________.
average time to process paperwork
client requests completed per hour
number of calls taken per day
What can affirmative action assist organizations in achieving that diversity initiatives cannot?
Maximizing workforce commitment
Correcting specific problems of the past
Adoration of a charismatic leader by followers can lead to
greater understanding of the company mission
difficulty in developing a successor
a competitive work environment
limiting suggestions of fixes and improvements
- Which of the following is considered an organizational blueprint, which prescribes the quantity and time frame for when each end product will be assembled?
WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
MRP (Material Requirements Plan)
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
MPS (Master Production Schedule)
- In performing a SWOT analysis, which of the following would be considered as a threat?
Lack of a strategic plan
Increased product demand
When an employee volunteers to run a canned food drive, this is an example of
organizational citizenship behavior
Conflicts can be resolved by withdrawing from them or suppressing them. This conflict-management technique is known as ________.
- Sam Meyers manages a telemarketing call center. He has 20 employees working for him who are displeased with the way he yells and threatens to terminate them for what they see as small issues. Which kind of power is Sam using to get the job done?
In _____, workers have been fired for refusing to quit smoking, for living with someone without being married, drinking a competitor’s product, motorcycling, and other legal activities outside of work.
invasion of privacy
Mary arrives at her new job. Before she can begin actually doing the work, she must complete a series of activities including role playing and virtual reality interactions. What type of training method does Mary’s new employer use?
- Which of the following is one of Dr. Eli Goldratt’s rules of production scheduling for optimized production technology?
Utilization and activation of a resource are not the same.
If you lose an hour at a bottleneck it is better than making scrap.
An hour saved at a bottleneck operation does not increase the process flow.
Do not allow bottlenecks to govern the flow of the line.
- Deming’s PDCA (plan, do, check, and act) cycle underlies what inherent Six Sigma principle?
25.________ refers to an individual’s belief that he or she is capable of performing a task.
26.____________ is the biggest hurdle to overcome in a pay-for-performance plan.
Salary cap performance level
- In order to make their firm a learning organization, managers should
avoid the use of cross-functional teams
reinforce interdependence and reduce boundaries
increase the degree of departmentalization
- During the implementation of a project, which of the following should be the primary focus of a consulting firm?
People management skills
Application of the learning curve theory
The correct project software
Tools and materials availability
- The concept that some leadership attributes will work in some situations but not in others can be described by the
leadership effectiveness theory
- Which of the following statements is true with regard to the effectiveness of tactics?
All tactics are equally effective with regard to upward influence.
Individuals from collectivist cultures are typically more likely to use soft tactics that reflect personal power.
Soft tactics are less effective than hard tactics when used individually
The combination of a soft tactic with reasonable persuasion is more effective than a combination of two hard tactics.