Quality Improvement Initiative Evaluation Power Point Presentation
Develop a presentation, containing 10–15 slides, on the IHI’s Triple Aim, how current and emerging health care models support the Triple Aim, and how governmental regulatory initiatives and outcome measures can be applied in the care coordination process to achieve the Triple Aim in a population.
Assessment Instructions Preparation
- In this assessment, you will assume the role of a new case manager at a small rural hospital. You have been asked to deliver an evidence-based presentation to hospital leaders and clinical leadership teams about the ways in which the care coordination process at Sacred Heart can be modified to achieve the Triple Aim within the hospital’s rural population. To gain a better understanding of current and emerging health care models and their support for the Triple Aim, examine and compare such models as the:
- Patient Centered Medical Home Model.
- Transitional Care Model.
- Patient Self-Management Model.
- Guided Care Model.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Care Coordination Model.
Then, finish gathering the information needed to prepare for your presentation by completing the Vila Health: Triple Aim Outcomes simulation exercise linked in the Required Resources.Note: Remember that you can submit all, or a portion of, your draft presentation to Smarthinking for feedback before you submit the final version for this assessment. However, be mindful of the turnaround time of 24–48 hours for receiving feedback, if you plan on using this free service.
You may use Microsoft PowerPoint or any other suitable presentation software to create your slides. If you elect to use an application other than PowerPoint, check with faculty to avoid potential file compatibility issues.Use the speaker’s notes section of each slide to develop your talking points and cite your sources, as appropriate. If you need help designing your presentation, you are encouraged to review the various presentation resources provided for this assessment. These resources will help you to design an effective presentation, whether you choose to use PowerPoint or other presentation design software.
Develop a presentation of specific suggestions for improving the care coordination process at Sacred Heart Hospital to achieve Triple Aim outcomes.
Presentation Format and Length
- Begin your presentation with the following slides:
- Purpose (the reasons for the presentation).
- Definition of the Triple Aim outcome measures.
- Apply APA formatting to all in-text citations and references.
- List your sources on the references slide at the end of your presentation.
- Your slide deck should consist of 10–15 slides, not including the title and references slides.
- Cite 3–5 sources of credible scholarly or professional evidence to support your presentation.
Developing the Presentation
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that your presentation addresses each point, at a minimum. You may also want to read the Triple Aim Outcome Measures Scoring Guide to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
- Explain how the Triple Aim contributes to population health, improves the patient care experience, and reduces health care costs on a regional, state, and national level. You will do this on slides with these specific headings:
- Experience of Care/Patient Satisfaction.
- Improving Population or Community Health.
- Decreasing Per Capita Costs.
- Analyze the relationships between various current and emerging health care models you have chosen to examine and the ways in which they support the Triple Aim by answering these guiding questions:
- How do I define the rationale and philosophy of these health care models?
- Can I explain how these health care models have evolved?
- Can I cite at least three ways in which health care quality is enhanced through these models?
- Explain how the structure of these models contribute to the process of gathering and evaluating the quality of evidence-based data.
- Explain how evidence-based data shapes the care coordination process in nursing.
- Describe three governmental regulatory initiatives and outcome measures that can be applied in the care coordination process to achieve the Triple Aim within a population.
- Present process improvement recommendations to a stakeholder group clearly and concisely.
- Address the anticipated needs and concerns of your audience.
- What questions or objections are they likely to raise? How will you respond?
- Support your main points, arguments, and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style.
- Is your supporting evidence clear and explicit?
- How or why does particular evidence support a claim?
- Will your audience see the connection?
Be sure that:
- Your slide deck consists of approximately 10–15 slides, not including the title, purpose, and references slide.
- You have cited 3–5 sources of relevant and credible scholarly or professional evidence to support your presentation.
- You have listed your sources on the references slide at the end of your presentation.
Portfolio Prompt: You may choose to save your presentation to your ePortfolio.