Annotated Bibliography Assignment Sheet 200 points: Note- This is your final and is due on the day of the final. Consult Turnitin.com or your syllabus for that date. We will not meet in class for the final, but according to the university’s rules, this must be submitted to turnitin.com on that date-you can’t be late-no exceptions other than emergency hospitalization.
Final Exam: Some suggested topics for annotated bibliography: You may choose a your own topic if you have it approved by me first.
Global warming/climate change
Genetic modification of crops
Genetic modification of humans
Rising sea levels
Polar caps melting
Deforestation and its effects
The Current Cold War between us and Russia (not the one from the 50’s to the 80’s)
The State of Georgia allows adoption agencies to discriminate against LBGTQ legally
Assignment: Create an annotated bibliography (a work cited page with an introduction and summary of each article) for 8-12 LEGITIMATE sources on one of the above articles.
1. This should be in the third person
2. This should be in MLA format
3. You should have an introduction that clearly states your research questions (goals) and the scope of your research- That means an introduction of 3-5 sentences that has a research question – (set of questions that you are trying to answer with your research) and the scope is (what you are trying to cover with your research. For example: Using Climate change, a narrow scope (8 sources) would be the effects of fossil fuel emissions on climate. A broad scope (20 or more sources) would be the effects of deforestation, fossil fuel emissions, corporate and farming run-off, methane gas release from cows, and other topics that effect climate.) For this project you should use a narrow focus.
4. The citations should be in MLA format-consult Perdue Owl by googling MLA format- or simply use Galileo’s automatic citation button on each source. If you go outside of Galileo, then your source must be credible or you lose points. I will check each one.
5. Summary: After each citation, you should have a one paragraph summary that contains the following:
A. a one sentence summary of the whole article and its purpose
B. sentences that summarize the main points
C. information about the author(s) and source that discus their credibility, possible bias, and who funded their research if that information is available
D. discussion of how this source adds to your overall research goal AND how it relates to the other research in the annotated bibliography.
Example Summary: Source article: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/salt-water-fish-extinction-seen-by-2048/
(Note this is an online article from CBS and is condensed, but it is legitimate and I am only suing it as an example. Your research would come from scholarly articles rather than a condensed article like this one)
Tther than diet. Previous research dealt with acidification and rainfall. This research supports s