Theories of Practice
What is a theory?
Theory can be defined as “one or more relatively concrete and specific concepts that are derived from a conceptual model, the propositions that narrowly describe those concepts, and the propositions that state relatively concrete and specific relations between two or more concepts” (Butts & Rich, 2018, p. 101).
Theory is a hypothesis tested and measured to explain, predict, describe, and prescribe relationships between concepts and is developed through quantitative research.
The difference between a model and a theory is the amount of proof that exists in demonstrating the outcomes they predict. Both models and theories show relationships between concepts.
In this assignment, you will locate a grand and middle-range nursing theory and examine the utility of your chosen theories for guiding research and practice.
You will locate one grand nursing theory and one middle-range nursing theory applied in a research study. You will examine how each theory was applied within the research study and then analyze the utility of grand and middle-range nursing theories to advance the discipline of nursing and its impact upon your advanced nursing practice.
For this Assignment, your paper must be 2 to 4 pages, not including the title and reference pages.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Philosophies and theories for advanced nursing practice
- Chapter 14: “Economic Theories”
- Chapter 15: “Theories of Organizational Behavior and Leadership”
- Chapter 16: “Theoretical Approaches to Quality Improvement”
- Chapter 17: “Theories Focused on Health Equity and Health Disparities”
LINK TO BOOK: https://books.google.com/books?id=7tdLDgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Philosophies+And+Theories+For+Advanced+Nursing+Practice+3RD+18&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3pviH9ebhAhXCxFkKHZC1CqYQ6AEILzAB#v=onepage&q=Philosophies%20And%20Theories%20For%20Advanced%20Nursing%20Practice%203RD%2018&f=false
For this Assignment, your paper must be 2 to 3 pages, not including the title and reference pages. Minimum requirement of at least five sources of support with in-text citation. SOURCES MUST BE NO LESS THAN 5 YEARS OLD and in APA formatting
Grading Rubric for this Assignment is attached please make sure the assignment follows the rubric. Templete has all been attached.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Minimum requirement of at least five sources of support
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition
PLEASE FOLLOW RUBRIC. NO PLAGIARISM, ASSIGNMENT MUST MEET POST REQUIREMENT AS WELL AS RUBRIC IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED. WILL CHECK FOR PLAGIARISM AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IF PLAGIARISM IS DETECTED .