Clinical Reflection Template
What is a clinical reflection?
Clinical reflection is a descriptive summary of students experience during a clinical rotation. The clinical reflection is not based on your personal feelings or thoughts but reflects knowledge, theory and critical thinking applied during the course of caring for a patient. A clinical reflection help to emphasize theories learned in the classroom/clinical environment and strengthens the critical thinking process of the student.
- APA foiniat
- Cite references if used
- Minimum of 200 words
- Completed by Week 10 Sunday (3/11) at midnight and turned into your clinièal instructor (email)
- Incorporates the questions below
- Attach as a word document
- Choose one patient and identify the priority problem. What did you contribute toward resolving or easing the problem?
- Provide an example of an incident that contradicted the theory you have learned.
- What were you most proud (i. e. behavior, skill performance, interactions, significant observations)?
- How will you plan your next clinical session based on knowledge acquired during this clinical rotation?
Clinical Reflection Questions/comments:
Give a nursing diagnosis on your patient’s priority problem and explain
Provide an example of an incident during clinical that reinforced the theory you have learned in class lectures.
What clinical skills can you improve?