1. What kind of volcano is this? Based on what you know about that kind of volcano, do you think the sequence of events in the eruption in this movie makes sense? Why or why not?
2. What were the major things the scientists in the movie were tracking to monitor the volcano’s activity? Does this seem realistic? Why or why not?
3. Think about everything Dr. Dalton put that red Forest Service truck through. How plausible do you think it is that the truck would have made it through each of those things? What about through all of those things?
4. What do you think were the MOST and the LEAST realistic/plausible things about the volcanic activity in this movie?
5. “Most of the citizens of the town of Dante’s Peak were actually pretty lucky.” What do you think about this statement? Tell me why you agree or disagree.