Topic: West Nile Encephalitis as an Emerging Disease
Since the appearance of HIV/AIDS as a disease entity in the last quarter of the 20th century a growing number of emerging infectious diseases have been identified. Some of these diseases are “new” and some are old nemeses returning with new epidemiologic features. For the purpose of discussion, consider West Nile Encephalitis.
- What are the environmental forces behind the emergence of West Nile Encephalitis in the United States?
- What are the social and behavioral factors of West Nile Encephalitis epidemiology?
- What types of control measures have been used to manage this disease?
- Are there any environmental or humanitarian concerns about any of the control measures?
- What scriptural principles could be applied to the control of disease outbreaks? Provide references for your ideas.
Please Provide answers in MLA format as well as references