Properties of Soil, Agriculture and Water Availability Impacts Laboratory
[WLO: 2] [CLOs: 1, 3, 5]
This lab enables you to analyze the natural porosity and particle size of soil samples along with the chemical composition and profile of different soil types.
Take the required photos and complete all parts of the assignment (calculations, data tables, etc.). On the “Lab Worksheet,” answer all of the questions in the “Lab Questions” section. Finally, transfer all of your answers and visual elements from the “Lab Worksheet” into the “Lab Report.” You will submit both the “Lab Report” and the “Lab Worksheet” to Waypoint.
Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission:
- Before you begin the assignment, read the The Scientific Method (Links to an external site.) presentation video. and review
- Complete Activities 1 through 4 using materials in your kit, augmented by additional materials that you will supply. Photograph each activity following these instructions:
- When taking lab photos, you need to include in each image a strip of paper with your name and the date clearly written on it.
- Complete all parts of the , and answer all of the questions in the “Lab Questions” section.
- Transfer your responses to the lab questions and the data tables and your photos from the “Lab Worksheet” into the “Lab Report” by downloading the .2