For this Assignment, you are answer the questions regarding this case study. Please make sure to support your answers using evidence based practice.
56 y/o Caucasian male presents to the primary care clinic with complains of dizziness and nausea x 4 days. The patient reports he has not been able to get out of bed since the symptoms started. The patient reports symptoms are worse when he tries to get out of bed to stand. He denies any headaches or blurry vision. He states he is urinating more over the last few days and he has noticed increase in thirst. He reports he just drank a large sweet tea before he came into the clinic.
The patient reports that he is out of his Lantus and Metformin because he cannot afford the refill until he gets his disability check. He is disabled after his second CVA (stroke) that left his with generalized weakness. His medical history includes DM (diabetes), HTN (high blood pressure), CAD (coronary artery disease).
Upon arrival at the clinic, the patient’s vital signs are as follows- Blood sugar 405, B/P 190/101, HR 102, R-20, T- 98.5.
Using Evidence Based practice, answer the following questions thoroughly. Be sure to use APA formatting.
- What is the pertinent positive and negative findings in this patient assessment?
- Create a list of differentials with rationales for this patient?
- Discuss a medication regimen for this patient considering his financial status?
- What is the priority concern for this patient?
- How does this patient’s co-morbid diagnosis impact his current symptoms?
- Discuss how the patient’s’ health beliefs, culture and behaviors impact the potential outcomes for the patient.