Start by doing a reputable literature search on the Dakota Access Pipeline. You will need at least 3 reputable resources to cite in your answers below. Please use CSE Name-Year style to cite your resources.
1. Where did you find your resources? If you used a search engine, did you go past the first few hits/results? Why or why not?
2. Before this assignment had you heard about the #NoDAPL or the Dakota Access Pipeline protests?
3. Summarize what the DAPL and Standing Rock protests are. What are the specifics? Cite your sources. Are there any race and culture undertones occurring?
4. Since this is a controversial topic, think about the information that is being created and disseminated by both sides, for and against. How can you ensure you are getting the most accurate information? Do you think one side would publish false information in order to strengthen their case?
answers the questions below based on your own personal food habits.
1) Where does your food come from? Is it grown locally and/or with sustainable agriculture techniques?
2) What happens to food waste on campus? Is the food composted or sent to a landfill? Do De Anza’s dining facilities recycle food packaging?
3) Does De Anza use washable china, flatware, and cups or disposable or compostable takeout containers? Do you have a choice when dining on campus?
4) Does De Anza employ any waste reduction initiatives, such as refills in reusable cups for a reduced price? If so, what are they?
5) Is there anything you can think of that you can do to help decrease food waste in your own life?
Begin by reading Seafood eaters ingest up to 11,000 tiny pieces of plastic every year, study shows by Sarah Knapton (Links to an external site.), 2017. The Telegraph.
Then, in your own words, summarize the article. Your answer should include the who, what, why, where, when, and how as related to the entire article. Your summary should be a minimum of 100 words.
Lastly, if you do eat seafood – Please check out the sustainable seafood guide at http://oceana.org/living-blue/sustainable-seafood-guide (Links to an external site.)
Assignment 4(one Short paragraph)
Do some brief research on what is happening currently with the United States with the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and what the Clean Air Act is. Then post a minimum 100 word statement about your thoughts on this.