For this discussion, find THREE covalently bonded molecules that has a particular shape (DO NOT DO METHANE).
Post the following information for each one:
- Name of the molecule
- Chemical Formula
- Empirical Formula
- Embed an image of the structure
- Shape of the molecule around the central atom, or choose an atom to demonstrate the shape
- Use the VSEPR chart to explain (i.e. is the central atom X2E2?)
- Provide the full electron configuration for the central atom. If your molecule doesn’t seem to have a central atom, pick one that has a few atoms bonded to it.
- Provide the full electron configuration for an atom bonded to the central atom and comment on which electrons are bonding (between the central atom & this atom)