Requirements for Written Tobacco Intervention Report
- Topic: Tobacco intervention on a person of your choice.
- Minimum word count: 900-1200 words (5-6 paragraphs)
- Follow APA Guidelines
- Use at least three references, using APA format
- Times New Roman 12 point font
- Double space, no additional spacing between paragraphs
- 5-space indent on paragraphs
Introduce needed background and lead into your thesis in your introduction. Make your thesis an assertion to develop throughout your essay. Develop your thesis throughout 3-5 body paragraphs and then end with a summary/conclusion in your own words.
References are to be cited using APA formatting on a separate page following the conclusion of your paper. If you are unfamiliar with using parenthetical citations and a matching reference page, please refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th ed., call number REF BF76.7 .P83 2010 in the FSW Library or use https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ (Links to an external site.)
Please take time to proofread your paper before turning it in to the instructor or ask someone at the Writing Center to review it.
- State why you chose this individual for tobacco intervention.
- State the type of tobacco (e.g. cigarettes, cigar, pipe, chew, etc.), the amount of tobacco and for how long the person has used tobacco.
- List any disease or condition (e.g. diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc.) the person may have that is negatively affected by tobacco use.
- State what motivational strategy you used for the intervention (e.g. expense of product, effect on the person’s health or the health of persons living in their home/second-hand smoke/role model, etc.) Think outside the box. Be inventive.