Topic: The topic is hospital acquired infections. The nursing practice issue is catheter associated urinary tract infections and the high incidence on an acute rehabilitation unit.
EBP Change Process (form)
- Download the EBP Change Process form (Links to an external site.) during Week 1.
- The use of this specific form is REQUIRED and is due at the end of Week 6.
- A short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed in the short video above.
- Identify a clinical topic and related nursing practice issue you think needs to be changed.
- Locate a systematic review on your topic from the CCN Library databases. Be sure this involves nursing actions.
- Work through each step of the ACE Star Model as outlined on the assignment form (Star Points 1-5: Discovery, Summary, Translation, Implementation, and Evaluation). Respond to the instructions provided on the form.
- Follow the activities and thinking of Nurse Daniel in Weeks 1-6 in the ‘Illustration’ part of each lesson. He will be working through a clinical topic and nursing practice issue to demonstrate a change (ACE Star Model and systematic review).
- Work on a portion of the process each week, as the illustration unfolds.
- Please reach out to your instructor for feedback or assistance with your PICOT question as needed.
- Required and Additional Background Reading in Weeks 1 and 2 under Readings is available for more information on the ACE Star Model and the use of systematic reviews.
- Please cite any references (in APA format) of your systematic review or other scholarly document (optional) as needed. Paraphrasing information, rather than quoting, is expected. No quotes for this assignment please!
- For questions about this assignment, please contact your instructor.
- Use the grading rubric as a final way to check that all components of the form have been completed. The rubric is the tool your instructor will use to assess your content.
Before preparing your assignment, please review this “Crediting Sources Made Simple (Links to an external site.)“resource. This tool is intended to help you understand scholarly writing, APA, referencing, and crediting. Please reach out to your instructor with any questions as you prepare your assignment.