Review the Office of Minority Health, National CLAS Standards located in the Web Resources area.
Please visit the below websites to enhance your knowledge of immunization schedules for all age groups, including the catch-up schedule, healthy people 2020 goals, clinical preventative services, and guidelines for genetic screening (legal, ethical and social issues, family history).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Healthy Living. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/HealthyLiving
- S. Preventive Services Task Force. Retrieved from www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services. The Community Guide. What Works to Promote Health. Retrieved from http://www.thecommunityguide.org/index.html
- Healthy People 2020. Retrieved from https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives
- The Office of Minority Health. The National CLAS Standards. Retrieved from http://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/omh/browse.aspx?lvl=2&lvlid=53
- Discuss your ethnic/cultural background (health perception and practices). I am Russian Jewish from one of republics of former Soviet Union.
- Choose a different culture or ethnic group and discuss potential cultural/linguistic needs. Consider your food preferences, rituals, health beliefs, and any religious orientations that may influence patient care.
- Apply at least one CLAS Standard that supports the identified need and discuss the role of the advanced practice nurse in promoting culturally sensitive care.
- Please list references in APA format.