In addition to learning about various aspects of environmental science, one of the goals of this course is to have you reflect on your personal impact on the environment. You will be doing this through a series of reflection papers and PowerPoint assignments during modules in which there are no assignments for the final project.
For this first assignment, you will write a reflective paper that is 1 to 2 pages long. All fonts should be “Times New Roman” (size 12), and the paper should be double spaced with 1 inch margins on all sides. Be sure to include references for the sources of the ecological footprint quiz.
You should answer the following questions in your reflection paper:
- Describe the concept of an ecological footprint.
- Take the ecological footprint quiz at the following website: http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/GFN/page/personal_footprint/. (Links to an external site.) – RESULTS HAVE BEEN ATTACHED.
- What are the components that made up your score?
- Do you think it was representative of your impact on the planet? Why or why not?
- Go to the following website: http://www.footprintnetwork.org/content/documents/ecological_footprint_nations/ecological_per_capita.html. (Links to an external site.) How did your score compare to the United States average?
- Discuss three ways you are positively impacting the environment with regard to environmental, economic, and health impacts.
- Discuss two ways in which you feel you are negatively impacting the environment.